Curious about radios, but don’t know where to start?
Tried learning on your own, but too overwhelmed with the complication?
Struggling to find help in getting started?
Join us in Somerset, OH on January 6 and 7 for Zero to Hero Radio Operator. This one-of-a-kind course is built to take regular people like you to a heroic level of competence with radios from scratch in just 2 days. No previous experience needed. All equipment provided. Just bring an open mind, a pen, and suitable clothing and footwear for outdoor activities.
You will leave class with a heroic level of competence around:
- How to configure and program radios to make them work
- How to select the proper equipment to meet your needs
- How to build an off grid communications plan for emergencies
- How to implement radios in everyday life in non-emergencies
- How to use radios for local, regional, national, and international communication
- How to keep your radios working without grid power
- How to strategically navigate radio rules, regulations and licensing
Take your class radio home for FREE ($129 value).
Location details will be provided to all registrants via email 48 hours before class.
In this two day course you will learn how to use radios for short and long range communication using VHF, UHF, and HF radio systems. You will learn basic principles of radio theory, radio programming, utilizing repeaters, off grid power systems, antenna deployments, licensing strategies, radio etiquette, and plenty more. With both lecture and practical components, you will be able to competently and effectively utilize comms in handheld, on body/wearable, vehicle, and stationary radio contexts. No previous knowledge or experience is required. Radios and other equipment are provided for use in class.
Class begins at 9AM each day. Location details will be provided via email to all registrants 48 hours prior to class.
- An open mind.
- Note taking material.
- Clothes and footwear appropriate for all possible weather conditions. The class has both indoor and outdoor components.